Part of my daily routine is to make sure I read amazing blogs of great bloggers and every time, I read posts that centres on fun places to visit, art galleries to go to, events to attend, but I hardly stumble upon any post on how to actually have fun at home especially when you are an introvert like me or when you don’t actually have the time to go out. Hence, I thought about writing on 20 fun activities to do at home from an introvert’s guide-book.
Being an introvert is one of the many things I can’t change about me (though people think otherwise). Hanging out or chilling with friends is like hard work to me. Friends call me the vibe killer (huh). I simply cannot initiate a get together. Most times, I prefer staying all curled up in my room, curtains down, fan blowing with a charged phone and laptop. That’s my definition of “chilling”. Well, enough about me and let’s get right into the post of the day.
Want to know how to have fun at home? Scroll below to see:
1. Take care of the house. Start your day by cleaning every corner of the house and your day shall be great that day.
2. Take care of your skin. Since you are at home, it is a great opportunity to take good care of your skin. Go through your skin routine (cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing). Apply facial masks and pamper your skin.
3. Watch YouTube videos. Search for your favourite Youtubers (I’ve got a lot of them and I keep discovering more) and don’t forget to subscribe to their channels.
4. DIY! This is my favourite. My friends and siblings can testify to this. Try to be creative. You can decide to decorate your house when you feel bored and trust me, this is fun to do at home.
5. Recycle those old items you have been thinking of disposing. For example, take a look at this shirt.
This is another form of a DIY! The sleeves were just too tight and I couldn’t dispose or dash it out because it’s a striped shirt (😁). Stripes are a thing now and I just had to think of what to do with it. So, I detached the sleeves from the armholes and transfered and attached them to the sides with a sewing machine. Viola! Now I can rock my striped shirt and look trendy.
6. When you feel bored, read a book! Download PDF files and e-books. I’ve got a couple of books (Nigerian and International). If you are interested, kindly send me a mail @email@example.com.
7. Solve puzzles and play video games.
8. If you keep a natural hair, it’s time to treat your hair. Prepoo, wash and condition your hair for a cleaner look. I just found out about this deep conditioning treatment on Bolu’s blog. I’m yet to try it out but I will.
P. S. Don’t forget to style as preferred too.
9. Take pictures of yourself. Just like this mouth watering picture above 😁😁.
10. Give yourself a manicure and a pedicure.
12. Listen to your favourite music/musician and keep jamming.
13. Try a new recipe and cook a delicious meal.
14. Watch your favourite series on your laptop/PC.
15. Chat with friends and keep in touch.
16. Get on social media and stalk your favourite influencers. It’s fun to see what they are up to.
17. Make a live video of what you are up to at home and engage with your followers.
18. Declutter your phone by deleting stale songs, videos and old pictures.
19. Read your favourite blog posts and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog loves. There is so much fun to catch here.
20. Lastly, sleep 😴. You would be surprised at how much fun you will have by sleeping.
Turban: I used a Sweatshirt to tie it.
Glasses: River Island
What’s your go-to way of having fun at home? Do let me know in the comment section.