We all have that item at home that we always thought of dashing out because of one or two little problems. Why waste money when you can create the solutions with the things you already have at home? I have compiled these easy peasy solutions to those annoying fashion problems and I believe they will help you. Let’s all say goodbyes to rips, stains, odours and the likes with these fashion hacks you probably didn’t know about!
- Sweater Pills: Use a new or sharp shaving stick to remove all sweater pillings instead of removing by hand.
2. Remove sweat stains from white blouses or shirts by rubbing lemon juice directly on it before washing. You can also soak the cloth in a bowl of hot water and lemon.
3. Water stains on your favourite leather bag or shoe? Spray the stain with a mixture of cold water and vinegar then rub gently.
4. Keep a loose zipper up by using the ring of your key holder or openers. Pass the ring through the opening of the zipper and hang it on the button like this.
5. Another zipper hack! Yaiy! That zipper that just wouldn’t budge? Rub Vaseline or crayon wax along the teeth of the zipper to help slide smoothly.
6. Tight shoes or new shoes are the most difficult to wear. Loosen the tight spots by wearing a pair of thick socks and heating with a blow dryer.
7. Stubborn yellow deodorant stains: I remember my first day in camp when I used my body spray on my whites. I was looking like I wore a polka dotted shirt. Had to abandon it and I started using my bunkmate’s own. Lol. Thanks Mavis ❤. Simply remove deodorant stains by applying a mixture of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and water to the pesky spots.
8. Prevent Jeans from fading by adding 1/2 cup of distilled vinegar into your washing water.
9. Remove dirt from cloth shoes by applying a mixture of detergent and baking soda to a toothbrush before scrubbing.
10. Those cloth labels that like showing off when you wear clothes are so annoying. Use a needle and thread to just tack them a little instead of cutting them off.
11. Odours from shoes. Eeeew! Smelly feet are gross. Avoid this by pouring baking soda into your shoes before wearing them (wear socks too). You can also try putting teabags (Lipton) in them before wearing.
12. Want to make a new cloth feel like it has been worn? Soak it in a bowl of water and salt for few minutes. Remove and leave to dry. That worn feeling you shall get.
13. Take in the waist of a jeans (the gap you see when wearing a jeans that fits at the hips region but not at the waist region). And if you choose to ignore it, your panties would be saying hello to the world. If you also decide to use a belt, it comes out looking “meh”. Here’s a simple method I adopted.
All image sources are from Pinterest
Do you find these hacks useful? Which of them have you tried before and did they work? Do let me know in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by Loves! 🖤